• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can your GP turn you away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can your GP turn you away

OK, so I havent made an appointment, purely because I cant plan in advance when I will next be ill and to get an appointment you need to book about 4 days in advance.

So since yesterday I am rather unwell and will visit my local GP. Can he turn me away without an appointment or do they have to see me?

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    OK, so I havent made an appointment, purely because I cant plan in advance when I will next be ill and to get an appointment you need to book about 4 days in advance.

So since yesterday I am rather unwell and will visit my local GP. Can he turn me away without an appointment or do they have to see me?
    Phone and ask for an emergency appointment. Do it at 8am to see the GP in the morning, 12pm for the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post

Best check with your GP.

Comment

Tell your GP you've just got back from Mexico and don't feel very well.

Comment

and i can wait in the waiting room for as long as it takes.

Comment

Oh, an excuse to use one of my favourite sentences.

I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability, transcendentalizes intercommunications incomprehensibleness.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Oh, an excuse to use one of my favourite sentences.

I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability, transcendentalizes intercommunications incomprehensibleness.
              ....you need to get out more.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If I am really ill then I go to the hospital.

Doctors not only cannot write legibly : they also have to have cold hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Doctors not only cannot write legibly : they also have to have cold hands.
                  Cold hands - Well that could depend on what and where is wrong. Could be an embarrassing outcome

Comment

There's one by us with the name M.T. Khan

gives me a larf every time I go by

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X