• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we now entering a bull market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we now entering a bull market?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-arriving.html

FTSE's 11-week high sparks hope that bull market may be arriving
    Hopes that the bear market in equities is over were buoyed as shares rose and more analysts speculated we could be in the early stages of a bull market.

The benchmark FTSE 100 index rose by 1.3pc, capping its biggest monthly increase since 2003. The market's buoyancy comes with many experts claiming that the worst of the financial crisis and market slides are now over. The FTSE dropped by more than 31pc in 2008, but has now risen back to an 11-week high of 4,243.71, despite the spread of swine flu and warnings from the International Monetary Fund that the crisis is not even half-way over.

Analysts hailed the fact that the index increased by 8.1pc this month, with a strong performance from the banking sector yesterday.

Disappointing news is just being ignored, good news is being jumped on as an excuse to get involved," said David Morrison, market strategist at GFT Global Market.

Meanwhile, Anthony Bolton, the renowned fund manager and president of investments at Fidelity International, said a bull market may have begun in March.

"All the things are in place for the bear market to have ended," he said. "When there's a strong consensus, a very negative one, and cash positions are very high, as they are at the moment, I'd like to bet against that."

A report by Barclays Wealth said the likelihood is that the world economy has avoided depression and would escape with a milder recession. Aaron Girwitz, head of global investment strategy, said: "We suggest beginning to add more risk to portfolios, and look to Asia to lead the economic revival. Credit markets will outperform as risk appetite increases.

"But we remain somewhat cautious. Market volatility will ease back only gradually. We are not urging investors to increase equity allocations to levels above their strategic norms".

However, others have warned that with many banks still needing extra capital, the crisis and the associated bear market may have longer to run.
    Yes : its a bull market
    18.18%
    No : Armstrong is right : its another bear rally
    50.00%
    I want to see how atwat votes then vote the opposite
    18.18%
    Andy makes all my investment decisions
    13.64%

What's a bull market?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      What's a bull market?
      A bull market is when prices of investments rises fast. people are buying. people are confident.

The opposite is called a bear market

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What's a bull market?
        Its where people buy and sell bulls**t. recently the cuk has been oversupplied and prices have been depressed.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          A bull market is when prices of investments rises fast. people are buying. people are confident.

The opposite is called a bear market

Surely a bear is better than a bull? bear's are cuddly! Bulls are all smelly and stick their horns up your arse!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

ps - this is the only way I can contribute to this thread.

The pope is a tard.

Comment

thats ok. All contributions are welcome. What if the bull doesnt have any horns though ? they might have been cut off to deter poachers

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Surely a bear is better than a bull? bear's are cuddly! Bulls are all smelly and stick their horns up your arse!
                That is why those bears are called Grizzly Bears because they are so nice and cuddly.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  thats ok. All contributions are welcome. What if the bull doesnt have any horns though ? they might have been cut off to deter poachers

So would it just playfully nudge your bottom? Like I imagine a sheep would do?

That would be better - but I'd still prefer a bear
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

You contribution is more highly valued than the drivel atwat will no doubt spout once he finishes his pot noodle.

Comment

Working...
                    X