• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets pretend climate change is a fact for the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets pretend climate change is a fact for the day

If we applied the CUK collective to the issue of climate change for the day, I'm sure we could come up with some cunning plans ( sarcasm).

So how about you sceptics suspend disbelief for a day, and help solve this (pretend) problem?
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Free holidays to Mexico?

Or even better... free holidays for Mexicans.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The problem isn't climate change it's a symptom of human overpopulation. Regardless of man's influence, climate change has affected the balance of power and wealth of nations even in recent human history.

Comment

If its true ?

Invest quickly in carbon trapping technology.
        Sell green power creation ideas to the Chinese.
        Put the peat fires out in Borneo.

Invest in coastal defences
        Invest in costal defence technology

Give Al Gore and other visionaries a medal

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There's going to be a lot of money to make in green technologies over the next decade.

Comment

Convert the entire world to Nuclear power. Yesterday.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Convert the entire world to Nuclear power. Yesterday.
              Time travel, and splitting the atom.

First good idea

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                If we applied the CUK collective to the issue of climate change for the day, I'm sure we could come up with some cunning plans ( sarcasm).

So how about you sceptics suspend disbelief for a day, and help solve this (pretend) problem?
                Pollute the world with trillions of tons of horrible poisons that lead to problems with human health and fertility and end up in huge population loss - where the remaining few will live a sort of Hunter/Gatherer existance without the need (or capability) for any sort of industry or pollution........... Oooooops!

Discalimer: I do not acctually "buy in" to the whole "Climate Change" propoganda......... but that doesn't mean (I think) that intensive factory farming, mono-culture, terrible pollution and waste etc carried out in the name of "progress" is good.

Comment

Everyone should get air conditioning then we would be fine.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Pollute the world with trillions of tons of horrible poisons that lead to problems with human health and fertility and end up in huge population loss - where the remaining few will live a sort of Hunter/Gatherer existance without the need (or capability) for any sort of industry or pollution........... Oooooops!

Discalimer: I do not acctually "buy in" to the whole "Climate Change" propoganda......... but that doesn't mean (I think) that intensive factory farming, mono-culture, terrible pollution and waste etc carried out in the name of "progress" is good.
                    If you would like to reduce the human population, why don't we just nuke China?

Comment

Working...
                    X