• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone for ORACLE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone for ORACLE

http://www.jobserve.com/W49E8EDEF1403EF12.jsjob

Comment

ceefax was better in my opinion
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

This bit confused me:

Send and coordinate TAR's (Technical Assistant Request)
        Anyhow, I'd be up for a job in Mexico - Market rate right? 1.5k a day I reckon
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          This bit confused me:

Anyhow, I'd be up for a job in Mexico - Market rate right? 1.5k a day I reckon
          You'd take a pay cut to work in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            If the crap UK market keeps letting me down, I'll consider working for nothing, just to prevent a huge gap appearing on my cv.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

pork

Comment

After reading somewhere that the complete Oracle manual set has more words than every surviving book published before the Fall of Constantinople in 1453, I decided that life's too short to fill my head full of that tulip, especially as it probably all changes anyway every couple of years.

One can get by quite comfortably with a sound knowledge of MySQL and Postgres, and maybe a bit of Informix thrown in for good measure, without delving into the bottomless pit of interminable complexity that Oracle is by the sound of it (not that I'd know, never having used it ).
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  One can get by quite comfortably with a sound knowledge of MySQL and Postgres
                  Oracle now owns Sun which owns MySQL...

Comment

Working...
                  X