• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dfs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dfs

Last night, the missus and I decided to go to DFS (cos it's local) to look for and hopefully purchase a 2 seater sofa for one of my son's bedroom.

I rounded the missus and the kids up, told the kids to put there shoes on as I and the missus waited in the kitchen. We heard my other son ask his bro where we were going...his reply was 'Da ******* Sofa shop'! What a cracking tagine for a business! Laugh..I nearly wet myself....oh wait a minute I think I have............................

nice command of language your kids have

representative of the parent's choice of furniture shops !

Milan.

Comment

Dfs

That's exactly what I thought Milan (after i'd stopped laughing to myself). I never laughed in front of him (so he couldn't hear me) and then I immediately told him he was grounded for the remainder of the day!

Naturally as far as he is concerned I am now enemy number 1!

Teenagers eh?
      Last edited by premiere; 20 October 2005, 09:11.

Comment

Is that one of those furniture shops where, when you've paid, they plant a tree. When the tree has matured, been chopped down and seasoned for a bit they build the sofa. Then they ring you up and arrange delivery. By which time you've died.

Comment

That's exactly the one....When we got there, the Sofa's looked sh*t and there were life size cardboard cutouts everywhere of some tart off a 'do your home up' type tv show...the same woman who does those irritating Currys adverts.

Comment

And I for one would prefer her on a 6 months interest free loan, not the sofa's

Comment

In another life I used to work in the home furnishings industry. Avoid DFS like the plague. The products are of the worst quality I have seen. My guess is their mark up is at least 5 times what they cost to make, hence the wonderful interest free offers on a 1000 suite that cost 200 max.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I bought a suite from them once and if faded in the sun.

Have MFI merged with Sainsburys? I bought a chicken last night, got it home and the leg fell off!

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre
                  I bought a suite from them once and if faded in the sun.

Have MFI merged with Sainsburys? I bought a chicken last night, got it home and the leg fell off!

Should you have maybe put the sofa in your living room and not out on the patio in full sun? And hey! Chickens have legs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    In another life I used to work in the home furnishings industry. Avoid DFS like the plague. The products are of the worst quality I have seen. My guess is their mark up is at least 5 times what they cost to make, hence the wonderful interest free offers on a 1000 suite that cost 200 max.
                    So as someone "in the know", where should one buy a sofa then ???

Comment

Working...
                    X