• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will code C# for food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will code C# for food

So now I have 6 months of C#/.NET behind me (finished contract today), I assume I can now look forward to lots of phone calls from agents with increasingly lucrative offers as they compete for my in demand skills?

Or has the gravy train slowed down a bit?

Looking on the bright side, my house is only about 200 yards from the local Job Centre.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    One needs to aim to run his own train, even if it's as small as SKA-Net-Express...

Comment

increasingly lucrative offers
      The offers will start at £70/day and get increasingly lucrative from there.

Comment

Expect your phone will ring off the hook. You will be inundated with contract offers and you will be able to name your price and perhaps get a day or two at home each week.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Didn't anyone tell you?

C# is being deprecated in the next release.

You need to look at F# or IronPython now
          Originally posted by cailin maith
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            One needs to aim to run his own train, even if it's as small as SKA-Net-Express...
            unprofitable

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Well indeed, and it'll be full speed ahead on the Plan B from next week. The advantage of there being no jobs is that I don't have to worry about whether I'm doing the right thing or not.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I have a patio that needs laying.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I have a patio that needs laying.
                  Atwat needs laying. I think he is offering squirrel food.

Comment

So now I have 6 months of C#/.NET behind me (finished contract today), I assume I can now look forward to lots of phone calls from agents with increasingly lucrative offers as they compete for my in demand skills?

Looking on the bright side, my house is only about 200 yards from the local Job Centre.
                    You need to get into the habit of hiding some crafty bugs and performance bottlenecks in your code. Ones than can easily be attributed to .NET just being crap, and can only be resolved by your uber impressive programming and optimisation skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X