• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filetravel Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filetravel Problem

Problem Sorted
    Last edited by The Jam Factory; 5 May 2009, 11:58. Reason: Query sorted

Sounds like you'd just join the list of creditors no?

Set up your own Ltd co asap.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If they have been taken over then don't worry about it your still an employee if they've been taken over also it means you'll probably get paid as paystream are unlikey to take over the contractors but not pay you otherwise where is the incentive for you to stay. You can't join the creditors list as you are not a creditor but an employee.

Don't send any more time sheets untill you have worked this out and managed to speak to them.

I'd personally set up my own Ltd and bill through that. Brollies are and will always be a waste of time for the majority of people using them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        If they have been taken over then don't worry about it your still an employee if they've been taken over also it means you'll probably get paid as paystream are unlikey to take over the contractors but not pay you otherwise where is the incentive for you to stay. You can't join the creditors list as you are not a creditor but an employee.

Don't send any more time sheets untill you have worked this out and managed to speak to them.

I'd personally set up my own Ltd and bill through that. Brollies are and will always be a waste of time for the majority of people using them.
        Setting up a Ltd won't help unless the Agency are willing to terminate the existing contract and issue a new one, I agree about witholding timesheets until you know exactly what's going on, that's very sensible.

I don't agree that Umbrella companies are always a waste of time. They are fine for people who can't be fussed with Ltd company rigmarole, will be IR35 caught, aren't bothered about paying some more tax PAYE to avoid potential tax man issues. Horses for courses, some of them are financially stable, some suck hugely.

Comment

Yet another brolly goes bust, when will people learn?

Going limited is the bst option, brollies are for the lazy
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
          X