• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fishing Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Season

Last couple of days have been crazy with the number of agency anglers calling. Usual CP suspects plus some obscure agencies. Naturally I don't share anything with the cretins, but there has certainly been an increase lately. Sign of roles being thin at the moment?

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Milan.
      Ah Milan, you always are a tiresome little tit.

Your ability to start conversations and threads is limited to the stories you can trawl from news sites.

Comment

you're observant !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Milan.
          Hey Milan, now that you have mastered two keys, try pressing F1 for help, or better still try CTRL-ALT-DELETE

he he

Comment

Odd you should say that, I'm finding it very busy. Had four interviews last week and three this. Now its just a question of picking the client. Agents calling with roles I know exist because I have ex-colleagues there. I guess different skills have different seasons.

Comment

Milan's right. I haven't been called in weeks. But during the summer, I was. And the spring.

Anyway agents. We all know what they're up to, we have to work with them still, so there you go. Let's stop whingeing and since we need them to find contracts, let's get along with them and play their little games. It's not as if we don't know the rules
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Found the last week to be pretty busy, thank god because before that it was dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                  Anyway agents. We all know what they're up to, we have to work with them still, so there you go. Let's stop whingeing and since we need them to find contracts, let's get along with them and play their little games. It's not as if we don't know the rules
                  Just a natural symbiosis...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    I disagree with that. We don't need them in the truest sense. We are increasingly forced to work with them as they whisper in the ear of the client, making them believe the only viable option is to use a middle man.

The alternative is to operate like a real business and work direct.

Comment

Working...
                    X