• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Any interviews lately?" No. "And whys that?" (dont know? fake jobs? fishing info?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Any interviews lately?" No. "And whys that?" (dont know? fake jobs? fishing info?)

HAHAHAhaha

Every morning i get up and wait for a recruiter to call me about this
    fake "job" he has, a few minutes ago i was phoned by
    COMPUTER PEOPLE, and it was the classic fishing call.

REC: I have a position for you
    ME: great, can u tell me about it please
    REC: what recent interviews did you have and by who, when, outcome?

*hmm , at this point in time its best not to say yes, if you say yes he wants to know WHERE, WHEN with who, you tell him whatever company, then he wants to know who at that company,,etc,,etc,,etc it goes on and on, not getting to the part where he actually got a job for u. anyway.. so i thought id have some fun.

ME: well i havent had any interviews and i got nothing lined up.
    REC: (-------------very long pause) And whys that? (he probably didint had any plan Bs on his reading card)
    ME: dunno
    REC: ok thanks, ill get back to you
    ME: thanks, bye

i suddenly stumbled across this article here on this website.

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/00430.html

and its just so funny i cant stop.

i have been looking for IT work for about a month and when i see computer people is the agency or any of the other fake ones. i skip them and i wont be surprized if most of theyr jobs are fake, they only want info from you to steal information etc.

ANYWAY, if something similar happened to you, POST A REPLY.

CHEEEEERS.

Heinrich

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Milan.

Comment

Well looking at that link ...

... They’ll say, “Who did you work for at BT.

Was it Graham Sutherland”? “No”, you say. “It was John Salisbury”. Now the agent has a contact at your old firm that they can call up to ask him if he is looking for any contractors.

So in the future just say youve had an interview at BT with Graham Sutherland.

Comment

had a fecking annoying call this morning from a pimp. He had a 3 year old copy of my CV and kept asking dumbass questions like 'why do you feel you're good at your job' and 'talk about the team you work with and your input to the project'.

Got shortshrift from me - No I won't answer your questions - my skills and experience do the talking and if the client doesn't like them then they sure as hell won't want to know why I feel I am good at my job.

So I told him my rate was a grand a day and call me back if the client is interested...

...*****!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          had a fecking annoying call this morning from a pimp. He had a 3 year old copy of my CV and kept asking dumbass questions like 'why do you feel you're good at your job' and 'talk about the team you work with and your input to the project'.

Got shortshrift from me - No I won't answer your questions - my skills and experience do the talking and if the client doesn't like them then they sure as hell won't want to know why I feel I am good at my job.

So I told him my rate was a grand a day and call me back if the client is interested...

...*****!!

I know RH its a drag.

Purely out of interest, was your former manager Graham Sutherland ....

Comment

damn - theres some clued up people on this board!!

Respect to you Alfred...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
              damn - theres some clued up people on this board!!

Respect to you Alfred...

By Jingo RateWhore !

My apologies there couldnt help playing lets be the Agent today,mind you I must have made a bit of a hash of it as you didnt spill the beans, you were supposed to say ... no my former manager wasnt Graham Sutherland ... it was ...

Oh well back to the drawing board, I will make an Agent one day.

Comment

I received a blatant fishing call this morning. Some lady said there was a perl contract "in the South East", and when I asked where she said she didn't know
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  I received a blatant fishing call this morning. Some lady said there was a perl contract "in the South East", and when I asked where she said she didn't know
                  I hear there is a big demand in South East Asia for Perl Divers , perhaps thats what she meant, anyway the manager out there is a chap named Graham Sutherland ... whoops ....

Comment

Actually she was after a Perl necklace

Comment

Working...
                    X