• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Trek

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek

Anyone going?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Anyone going?
    Me on Friday to see it at the Imax in Manchester with my boyo, sis and her b/f. Can't wait...
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Aye, looks like a few of us are going to see it at the IMAX in Brum next week.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Good - let us know if it's as good as the hype. I may break my self-imposed boycott of cinemas (only coz I'm skint on the bench) to watch this one. Apparently the actor playing McCoy is superb.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I'll wait for the reports back here but it looks good.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

If we can con a grandmother into babysitting, we may pop into town to the Imax next weekend.
            I saw some of the original series on TV today and was struck by how much that Zachery chappie looks like Spock. Also we cant miss Simon Pegg with a Scottish accent!
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I am an avid fan of the series (the 1990s series was a bit too politically correct for my liking) but digging around it looks to be a cracker of a film (4.5/5), the franchise badly needed a Re-Boot and director JJ Abrams (of Lost and Cloverfield fame) seems to have made a sterling job of this production by all accounts.

The actor who plays "Bones" is actually Simon Pegg of Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz fame.

Word on the street is that it was so good that a sequel is already planned.

Interesting to hear that all you guys in Birmingham and Manchester are going to see it in IMAX. In London we don't have that many IMAX cinemas actually.

Comment

Who was that pointy-eared b*****d?"

Comment

I'm more of a Star Wars fan than Trekkie but the talk surrounding this re-boot is even making me contemplate seeing it.

And right on cue, JLC is attempts to re-unite the original crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    I'm more of a Star Wars fan than Trekkie but the talk surrounding this re-boot is even making me contemplate seeing it.

And right on cue, JLC is attempts to re-unite the original crew.
                    're-boot' ???? WTF?

Do you wear y-fronts with Luke Skywalker on the front? Why do people have to perpetuate the myth we are all geeks in IT?

Comment

Working...
                    X