• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Ricky Hatton?

I stayed up for the fight on Saturday night/Sunday morning..if you blinked you missed it so it really wasn't worth waiting for but I was very, very drunk at the time.

For those that didn't see it, overall Hatton barely landed a punch, was knocked down in the 1st round and the punch that ko'd him in the 2nd almost killed him - in slow mo' it looked like his head was very close to coming off his shoulders.

Personally I think he should give up now.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

It was embarrassing how good Hatton made Pac Man look.

I'm a Hatton fan, but he fought that fight all wrong, he was just walking into the punches with his chin open
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      It was embarrassing how good Hatton made Pac Man look.

I'm a Hatton fan, but he fought that fight all wrong, he was just walking into the punches with his chin open
      Indeed Hatton was completely outclassed but I don't feel any resentment for Pacquiao at all..on the other hand Mayweather took arrogance to a whole new level. A Pacquiao vs Mayweather would be very good to see and if it happens, I know who all Hatton fans will be supporting.

It is sad for Hatton but I think it's over for him now - not nice for a boxer to finish on a low note. Earlier in his career he looked unstoppable but now when you look back, it makes you wonder if the opposition was really any good. He always seems to have had the same game plan all guns blazing, but it's clear now considering his two convincing defeats that he's just not world class..another british boxer on the scrap heap.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
        A Pacquiao vs Mayweather would be very good to see and if it happens, I know who all Hatton fans will be supporting.
        I'd watch that...

Comment

I thought Hatton did well apart from two things that were wrong on the night.

1) He couldn't hit Pacquiao

2) Pacquiao could hit him whenever he felt like it.

Apart from that Hatton was doing great

Seriously though - I think it's the end for him. He would still be great entertainment if he was matched with the right boxer but Mayweather Jnr and Pacquiao were just too good for him. They actually know how to box where as Hatton only knows how to brawl, when that fails so does he.

The Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight (which I am sure will happen) will be a good fight and a close one to call. Mayweather is the master on defence and Pacquiao the master of attack, though Mayweathers punching accuracy is unparalleled and he is a bigger guy too.

Comment

I missed the fight and can't find it on YouTube (I guess they keep removing it, my searches just turn up trailers or post-fight interviews)... anyone able to recommend a safe site to see it streaming?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Torrent here (includes the some of the pre-fight waffle)

http://thebox.bz/download.php/75813/...wm.avi.torrent

Registration required.

Comment

Ricky Hatton is a pussy.

<this is an internet forum, no one can touch me mode>
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
                  A Hatton vs gingerjedi would be very good to see and if it happens, I know who all CUK members will be supporting.

Comment

He'd be useless if he had to move up to my weight class.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X