• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you use a male contraceptive jab?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you use a male contraceptive jab?

A male contraceptive jab could be as effective at preventing pregnancies as the female pill or condoms, work shows.

The monthly testosterone injection works by temporarily blocking sperm production and could revolutionise birth control, experts believe.

In trials in China only one man in 100 fathered a child while on the injections, the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism reports.

Six months after stopping the jabs the men's sperm counts returned to normal.

Linky

Poll shortly
    Yes
    53.57%
    No
    39.29%
    AndyW is my lover and so it's not required.
    7.14%

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    A male contraceptive jab could be as effective at preventing pregnancies as the female pill or condoms, work shows.

The monthly testosterone injection works by temporarily blocking sperm production and could revolutionise birth control, experts believe.

In trials in China only one man in 100 fathered a child while on the injections, the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism reports.

Six months after stopping the jabs the men's sperm counts returned to normal.

Linky

Poll shortly
    Yes

Comment

Hmmm, testosterone injections. How would that work for sportspeople who get tested for ‘doping’?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nope for two reasons:-

1. I'm severely needle phobic following an illness in childhood.

2. Vasectomy after my 3rd son was 18 months old so it wouldn't achieve much.

Comment

Yes providing it doesn't involve a needle in the testicles
          Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Nope for two reasons:-

1. I'm severely needle phobic following an illness in childhood.

2. Vasectomy after my 3rd son was 18 months old so it wouldn't achieve much.
            How can you worry about needles but let someone stick a burning poker into your nads?

Comment

They used a hammer instead.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm married. What's sex?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

How many women would trust a man to take 'invisible' precautions?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    How many women would trust a man to take 'invisible' precautions?
                    I only need one woman to trust me. Mind you, if I could persuade more to join in you’d have a good point there.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X