• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When should an agency take a hint?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should an agency take a hint?

Had something like 4 or 5 phone calls from the same agency over a period of 4 working days asking if I am available for work. On each occasion I tell them I am working and not available for something like 3 months. When will they take the hint that I am not available until my current contract is over?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

They aren't phoning you for your benefit you know.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Send anthrax in the post. That should do it.
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

they're just phoning a list of numbers and reading from a card.

you could answer in a different language and they would'nt flinch.

They'd still say... "so what's your rate?", "who was your last manager at yourclient"

Comment

Damn those pesky potential customers wanting your business!

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Had something like 4 or 5 phone calls from the same agency over a period of 4 working days asking if I am available for work. On each occasion I tell them I am working and not available for something like 3 months. When will they take the hint that I am not available until my current contract is over?
            Find a mate who is available and charge them a referral fee. Simples
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              They aren't phoning you for your benefit you know.
              No sh*t sherlock.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Damn those pesky potential customers wanting your business!
                Fortunately, I am working for the customer that they are calling me about, and they don't need to tell me about the job or even the location. I only know this because of the project I am working on.

Comment

Fortunately, I am working for the customer that they are calling me about, and they don't need to tell me about the job or even the location. I only know this because of the project I am working on.

Stop whining
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Maybe they're looking for your replacement.

Comment

Working...
                    X