• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flu jab...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu jab...

...just had one, and I feel better already.

I'm alright Jack

Eh? How do they know which one to give you? I thought they hadn't determined which flu this bird flu is they're getting all paniced about. Or is there already some other flu wandering about.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If it's a bird flu, why do blokes need the jab?

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
        If it's a bird flu, why do blokes need the jab?

Because he caught it off a bird

Comment

Public service announcement:-

The flu jab is free to people in ‘at risk’ groups. Only people in these groups need to have a flu jab. This applies if you’re 65 or over, or if you have any of these problems (however old you are):

a serious heart or chest complaint, including serious asthma,
          serious kidney disease,
          diabetes, or

lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment.

Your GP may also advise you to have the flu jab if you have serious liver disease or if you are a primary care worker, such as a nurse or social worker.

It provides no protection against 'bird flu'
          I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Well mine was free...

I'm alright Jack

Comment

They’re offering a free “flu jab” to all the permies here. Contractors are not being invited to the “stabbing” session.

I was going to point out that what they should be getting is the “anti flu jab”, but decided not to get involved.

Comment

They just say that to make the permies think it's another perk

...but we know better.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
                  The flu jab is free to people in ‘at risk’ groups. Only people in these groups need to have a flu jab. This applies if you’re 65 or over, or if you have any of these problems (however old you are):

serious kidney disease,
                  diabetes, or

lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment.

Your GP may also advise you to have the flu jab if you have serious liver disease or if you are a primary care worker, such as a nurse or social worker.

blimy, Dr Contractor hear, hark the Dr.
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio

serious kidney disease,
                    diabetes, or

Why the hell are they immunising all these half dead people anyway?? Eh!

Comment

Working...
                    X