• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperate, Desperate Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate, Desperate Agents

Had an email from an agency I did a contract with a couple of years ago. They have a very kind offer whereby I give them £249 and they write a new CV for me.

Bargain.

I wonder how many will take up their offer?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I wonder how many will take up their offer?
      Well, me for one. Shouldn't I have?

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
        Had an email from an agency I did a contract with a couple of years ago. They have a very kind offer whereby I give them £249 and they write a new CV for me.

Bargain.
        Got the same email - I was gobsmacked to say the least.....£249 (inc VAT)
        Blood in your poo

Comment

And don't forget those references when sending over your cvs and the cheque. I'm sure 'it will make your cv stand out'.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Dear Candidate
            You have previously registered your CV or worked with Agency.R'Us; a mention of a skill you know little about has been returned in a search for a contract role I am recruiting for:

Job Details: I am currently looking for someone who has any number of skills that you don't possess. However, since none of us have much work on at the moment, I would relish the opportunity to waste time sending this mail / sending out automatic emails without bothering to check the specification.

If you are seriously cheesed off and lack the relevant experience, please send your most up to date CV, if not please feel free to hold on to my details for the next time you are not looking. Please also feel free to pass my details to any of your colleagues or peers who may be looking; that way I can earn my commission via your contact, without recompensing you in any way.

Kind regards
            Not a problem
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post

Bargain.
              I was in Smiths (WH) today and on the shelf was a book called IIRC "Brilliant CV".

It was quite thick actually. Though, I find it difficult to believe that it possible to write 300 pages on how to construct a CV

tim

Comment

Ask them if they want to sub contract writing the CV's to you @ £100 each?

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Name and shame.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

When I interview for contracts I usually find that they have rewritten my cv for the client anyway. For free!

Comment

Working...
                    X