• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I will not buy hp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I will not buy hp

The computer stuffage, not the sauce. Take a look at this site; www.computable.nl

If you accidentally move your mouse over the circular cog in the advert at the top, look what happens. I find this form of advertising intrusive and annoying, perhaps even more so than that f**king Mr Clippy. I now vow not to buy their products.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The computer stuffage, not the sauce. Take a look at this site; www.computable.nl

If you accidentally move your mouse over the circular cog in the advert at the top, look what happens. I find this form of advertising intrusive and annoying, perhaps even more so than that f**king Mr Clippy. I now vow not to buy their products.
    Oi! I resemble that comment!

Comment

Why I will not buy hp

... because it's utter ******* tulip.

Every laptop I ever had from them had a hardware failure of some description.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

That cog widget has got a bug..when I think about it most other HP software I've come into contact with has been plop in some way.
        Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

And in the 15 seconds or so before the cog disappears you can't click on anything. FFS!

Comment

After puzzling for a few moments I worked it out.

Firefox + AdBlockPlus =

I had forgotten web pages had adverts. Blimey, don't they take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to load?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Firefox + AdBlockPlus =

I had forgotten web pages had adverts. Blimey, don't they take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to load?
              WHS +1

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Firefox + AdBlockPlus =

Yes, I had to start a different browser to see the ad. I really don't like advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Whereas their instruments are generally quite quite wonderful.

Apart from the scopes where I prefer the Tektronix ones.
                  What toothbrush do you use?

Comment

Forced to use an HP machine at clientco, I do not understand how a modern dual core machine could be made to run so slowly.

Comment

Working...
                    X