• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Mashups

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Mashups

<rant>

this piece of s h it is the total cause of all my working problems right now. If anyone ever promtoes this cr@p then they should be shot on sight.

"We designed Business Mashups so that part-time techies, such as Business Analysts, can design business processes, define business rules and create user interfaces. If you can draw a process in PowerPoint or Visio, or are comfortable with an Excel macro then you can get going today."

And now because of this I'm stuck having weekly meetings with a bunch of cowboys who have no f'ing clue about system integration whatsoever..

FFS

</RANT>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

It sounds like the last train to gig extension-central to me..although very unsatisfying and that crap would piss me off too.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

‘part-time techies, such as Business Analysts, can design business processes, define business rules and create user interfaces. If you can draw a process in PowerPoint or Visio, or are comfortable with an Excel macro then you can get going today.
      Serena allows you to develop collaborative applications that automate your business processes - without coding. It doesn't matter whether you're defining a process flow, creating a business rule or , designing a user interface or connecting your process flow with SAP or Salesforce.com, we've worked hard to make sure you can point and click your way to success!’

Hahahahahahahha hehehehe hee hee

Loads of money for contractors who can clear up this mess.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
        It sounds like the last train to gig extension-central to me..although very unsatisfying and that crap would piss me off too.
        it's not our system, it's one of the clients we are integrating to that uses this cr@p
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sounds like the sort of thing one would use if one had no effing clue.
          JMTPW.

And can I just mention i HATE the word 'techie'.
          No seriously I do
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            JMTPW.

No seriously I do
            But you are a Techie aren't you?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

JMTPW.

No seriously I do
              It’s better than being called an anal yst. What is an ‘yst’ anyway?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

JMTPW.

No seriously I do
                IDNHAFCWYAM
                Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

You should have a little bit of sympathy.....

Imagine you were a Serena Consultant/Techie with many years hard work building a reputation within a wide customer base...... and then "they" came along and told you to visit these customers (remember your hard earned rep) and try to sell them a product called "Mashups".......

"Man innit wee av dis kicking tool.... its wewl wicked innit! Its called Mashups man! 'kin kick *rse muvva 'kin tool innit! Yo no need no more techie man batty boyz! yur BA muvvas kin do it awl on dare own! no need for no one neva!"

I kid you not! Hard nosed Salesmen, Experienced Techies all of them standing in front of "us" trying not to laugh....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    You should have a little bit of sympathy.....

Imagine you were a Serena Consultant/Techie with many years hard work building a reputation within a wide customer base...... and then "they" came along and told you to visit these customers (remember your hard earned rep) and try to sell them a product called "Mashups".......

"Man innit wee av dis kicking tool.... its wewl wicked innit! Its called Mashups man! 'kin kick *rse muvva 'kin tool innit! Yo no need no more techie man batty boyz! yur BA muvvas kin do it awl on dare own! no need for no one neva!"

I kid you not! Hard nosed Salesmen, Experienced Techies all of them standing in front of "us" trying not to laugh....
                    Drewster, you bin hangin' wiv dem homies for too long, innit?

Mashup though? Why? I may have to use the term 'Mashup' more in everyday life.

Golfing Mashup
                    Drinking Mashup
                    Football Mashup
                    Board Meeting Mashup
                    Dentist Mashup
                    Funeral Mashup
                    Wedding Mashup
                    Sainsbury's 'weekly big shop' Mashup
                    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X