• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm manager 60k salary or Contracting £400/day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm manager 60k salary or Contracting £400/day

Hi everyone

Was born in 79 & I can contract my problem-solving skills out at average of £400/day.

Recruiter just sent me a spec for a perm managerial job and may pay £60-70k+ usual benefits. Looks a handful though. And perm job specs remind me of the tediousness & corporate bs of perm jobs in years gone by.

Doubt my contracting rate will go up much apart from inflation. As I get older am less keen on relocating for contract work.

What is one to do. Perm job sure looks a lot of work and bs for 60k on PAYE. Then again would it propel my CV into more than just a handy £400/day problem-solver.

would appreciate your thoughts.

8hr day for 400 or ??? hr day for 60k - tax along with all the permie tulip that comes with it??

I know what i would choose. (The contract).
    Last edited by Mailman_1; 6 May 2009, 15:18. Reason: - tax

Comment

depends if you think you can keep getting 400pd over the next year or if you think you will have considerable bench time.

if you think you can nail 9months of work over the next 12 then NO way jose!

otherwise....maybe..... i wouldnt tho...

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        would appreciate your thoughts.
        Are you ready to turn to The Dark Side?

To give up sitting on a bench during a depression in favour of security and benefits?

And you so young.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I’m on a bit less than 400 quid per day now but was on about 600 per day last year and the year before. The market will improve and the rates will go up again. As long as I can make a living with the dignity of working for myself, you can shove permiedom. I'd sooner buy a chip van (and I don't like chips).
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Take the contract.

If you go permie dont forget to hand in your cuk username on your way out....

Comment

I think most of us here went contracting because we didn't want to do perm manager BS jobs did we ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I’m on a bit less than 400 quid per day now but was on about 600 per day last year and the year before.
                But that's because you are paid in euros and you are calculating the 30-35% drop of the british pound.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  But that's because you are paid in euros and you are calculating the 30-35% drop of the british pound.
                  I'm not. I'm calculating at today's rates. My euro rate has gone down by about 30%. Still wouldn't go permie though.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                    X