• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up of the Uk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed up of the Uk

I have a uk Ltd company, and am fed up with working in the Uk,
    I am going to continue freelancing and consulting abroad (not sure where yet) i have a company that can cover my accountancy needs for europe depending on where i end up, i was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies that provide Insurances (ie PI, PL etc) while im working abroad.
    Last edited by FM375; 7 May 2009, 09:30. Reason: woops missed a word

Originally posted by FM375 View Post
    I have a uk Ltd company, and am fed up with working in the Uk,
    I am going to continue freelancing and consulting abroad (not sure yet) i have a company that can cover my accountancy needs for europe depending on where i end up, i was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies that provide Insurances (ie PI, PL etc) while im working abroad.
    I would have thought that any Public Liability Ins would have to be based in your host country. Happy to be wrong though.

Comment

Be very careful with a management co. that can cover your needs for Europe. Most of the UK companies that offer his service are COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT AND CAN GET YOU IN VERY SERIOUS TROUBLE WITH THE TAX AUTHORITIES: YOU MAY END UP BEING ARRESTED AS SOME CONTRACTORS WERE IN GERMANY AND SPENDING TIME IN JAIL.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

bye
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
          bye
          so you're not bemoaning the skills and experience leaving our shores, you're thinking "Excellent! one less bench warmer on jobserve" ?

Well I was too

Comment

dont worry not using a management company as such, learnt my lesson on that one in the uk!!!!

Traditionally my account sorted my insurances out for me but I want to make sure I am getting a good deal etc this time.

Comment

Nope, I'm not in IT so it doesn't matter a jot to me.

I'm just fed up of people carping on about how tulipe it is to live in Britain.

If people want to bugger off to climates new, fine

One less person to keep whinging on

'elf and safety guru

Comment

anybody have any suggestions?

As much as i find it amusing about arguing about whethere people should stay in the uk, i was hoping for some pointers

Comment

Originally posted by FM375 View Post
                  anybody have any suggestions?

As much as i find it amusing about arguing about whethere people should stay in the uk, i was hoping for some pointers
                  I get the feeling that you will be unhappy wherever you land up.

Most people do it the other way round, find an ideal location, see if there is work, check the feasibility, do the reasearch, work towards the goal.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X