• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haircut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haircut

Due to working away from home for a while and never having time during weekends, i'm now in desperate need of a haircut and I'm considering going to an expensive salon just to see if it's worth it.

This got me thinking, how much does everyone else pay?
    (excluding tip although I know some of you tight arses on here will be spluttering at the very idea)

NB: VOTES ARE PUBLIC, thought it'd make it more interesting to get an idea of whoever votes and their look

ahhh cr@p, forgot the AndyW poll as I was too busy trying to make sure all other poll aspects were correct..
    Nowt, the other half does it / I have no need / haircuts are against my religion
    17.72%
    < £2 - I'm tighter than a badgers arse
    0.00%
    £2.01 to £4.99 - once a student, always a student
    2.53%
    £5 to £9.99 - A hair cut is a hair cut
    34.18%
    £10 to £14.99 - Its a local place so that's good enough
    24.05%
    £15 to £19.99 - I like to splash out, preferably not all over my stylist though
    6.33%
    £20 - £29.99 - I have a stylist and wouldnt have my head massaged by anyone else
    3.80%
    £30+ - I'm gay / I'm a woman / a haircut is 2nd only to hygeine
    11.39%
    Last edited by chef; 7 May 2009, 13:24.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Due to working away from home for a while and never having time during weekends, i'm now in desperate need of a haircut and I'm considering going to an expensive salon just to see if it's worth it.

This got me thinking, how much does everyone else pay?
    (excluding tip although I know some of you tight arses on here will be spluttering at the very idea)

Poll to follow..
    where?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Bought clippers for the dogs.............. they seem to work for me! So 000 BOOMED!!

Comment

I've worked with people who pay £50 for a basic SBAS haircut you could get for £5 elsewhere. Emperors new clothes and all that.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

£10, absolute max.

Comment

I wouldn't like to say....
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Depends on how attractive the girl cutting my hair is.

Up to £35 I've paid in the past.

Comment

£5 if I don't do it myself.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I doun't know of any barbers near me that do a cut for less than £9.

If I did I'd use them.

Comment

A tenner. Been going to the same guy for years and therefore had the same stupid looking do for years.

It's always the same conversation and he always calls me dave (not my name). Still, better the devil you know and all that.

Comment

Working...
                    X