• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intra-company transfers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intra-company transfers

Hi,

I am a producer with a Radio 4 programme called File on 4 and I am looking at intra-company transfers and how they impact on pay and jobs in the UK's IT sector. I am keen to talk to IT workers who have lost their jobs because an employer has brought staff into the UK from overseas.

Please call me on 07710 013287 or 0161 244 3932 or contact me by email at [email protected]

I will explain what I am up to and I'd like to get an insight into your analysis of what is happening.

Best wishes
    David Lewis

Where were you in 2003?

The damage has already been done and nothing is going to put it right.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The BBC doing a negative piece on immigration. What's wrong, realisation that we're about to get a change in management at the top perchance?

Last edited by Incognito; 7 May 2009, 14:47.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Where were you in 2003?

The damage has already been done and nothing is going to put it right.

That is not very helpful is it?
        Here you lot are presented with a cast iron opportunity to expose this abuse of the work permit scheme by the great and the good of UK business that include the likes of M&S, Tesco etc.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

David Lewis, owner of PMI Consult Ltd? Or somebody else?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            If you google the telehone numbers, it returns several other posts on forums requesting similar types of research, so it looks pretty genuine...
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

The email address is a BBC address
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                The BBC doing a negative piece on immigration. What's wrong, realisation that we're about to get a change in management at the top perchance?

I am astonished that with all the whingeing that goes on about this practice and about the BBC none of you seem to be the slightest bit interested in doing anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I am astonished that with all the whingeing that goes on about this practice and about the BBC none of you seem to be the slightest bit interested in doing anything about it.
                  C'mon DA - if they did something about it - what would they have to moan about?
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    C'mon DA - if they did something about it - what would they have to moan about?
                    CM That is what I am beginning to think.

Comment

Working...
                    X