• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE up by 1000pts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE up by 1000pts

That's 30% in only 2 months, defying the doomsters and during the darkest recession since the war. Astonishing. Well done the banks and financials

<bad news placeholder>
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      That's 30% in only 2 months, defying the doomsters and during the darkest recession since the war. Astonishing. Well done the banks and financials
      Oh God, now I'm really depressed. Does that mean Labour might yet squeak back in next year?

Please tell me these green shoots are for now just more festering slime mould brewing ...
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Oh God, now I'm really depressed. Does that mean Labour might yet squeak back in next year?

Please tell me these green shoots are for now just more festering slime mould brewing ...
        No, the Stock Markets were relatively cheap even before the recession. The banking problems in particular slaughtered the financials (some literally) and all stocks were sold down the river, some out of panic and some to cover other loses.

So this is the bounce back after the news that most institutions/companies will survive and are or will be profitable again shortly and leaner and meaner than ever.

The other bad news will continue for some time - increasing unemployment, swinging tax rises and govt debt and later on, inflation. Nu Lie = No chance.

Comment

Well my pension is now only just back where it was last October just after the crash, so still a long way to go.

Comment

Hold on tight, it'll be a bumpy ride!
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The economy is in a safe pair of hands.
              If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
                  Thank you Mr PM, that is very reassuring to know coming from you.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                  X