• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Time

That Tory bint really is the thickest politician I've seen for ages.

According to her Trident isn't a WMD

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      According to her Trident isn't a WMD
      Strictly speaking it isn't. It's a weapon delivery system. The warhead on top of Trident is the WMD (assuming it's a nuclear warhead).

I'm sure such hair-splitting helps them justify their expense claims...

Comment

Actually I think it was the worst panel and the worse QT for ages. A bunch on non-entities and 3rd rate politicians (with the possible exception of David Steele), and an audience who seemed to be of the belief that the entire planet is there purely to support Scotland.

The highlight was Dimbleby trying to figure out the gender of the questioners!
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Strictly speaking it isn't. It's a weapon delivery system. The warhead on top of Trident is the WMD (assuming it's a nuclear warhead).

Agreed, but that's like saying that N Korea testing a rocket called "Ronery, I'm So Ronery" should be allowable by the so-called western world.

Comment

I think QT should stop going to Scotland. The NL people tend to get too easy a ride out of it. Oh and Liverpool and Wales!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

A good point, well made, however I feel it is a distinction lost on the thick bint who was trying to gainsay the SNP'S claim that the trident upgrade was spending on WMDs

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                That Tory bint really is the thickest politician I've seen for ages.

I was not impressed with her at all, although she is an attractive lady. With her 'woolly' arguments she should be on the Labour front bench, and certainly nowhere near the Tory party. So much for positive discrimination in favour of women. This country really is a mess if we do not promote only the best people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  I was not impressed with her at all, although she is an attractive lady. With her 'woolly' arguments she should be on the Labour front bench, and certainly nowhere near the Tory party. So much for positive discrimination in favour of women. This country really is a mess if we do not promote only the best people.
                  It's a shame because I wanted to like her. I do hope she wins her legal case.

Comment

Do we have a name for this 'attractive lady"?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X