• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT office "too busy"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT office "too busy"

Just called the VAT office because I haven't received a return form for a while, just to check it hasn't been lost. Anyway... went through the usual automatic options thing and ended up at the right place, only to get an automatic message saying, "We are receiving high call volumes at the moment, please call back later..." and then cuts me off! Doesn't even put me in a queue or give me the option to leave a message. I've tried a couple of times now with same result. Marvellous.

Its Friday afternoon...
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

The sun is out and it is Friday afternoon.

It's probably Fred's leaving do and they're all still in the pub.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

P.S. Why don't Civil Servants look out of the window in the morning?

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

They'd have noting to do in the afternoon.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Just called the VAT office because I haven't received a return form for a while, just to check it hasn't been lost. Anyway... went through the usual automatic options thing and ended up at the right place, only to get an automatic message saying, "We are receiving high call volumes at the moment, please call back later..." and then cuts me off! Doesn't even put me in a queue or give me the option to leave a message. I've tried a couple of times now with same result. Marvellous.
          Any business that treats a customer like that deserves to lose your custom to a competitor.

Oh tulip, I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Any business that treats a customer like that deserves to lose your custom to a competitor.
            British government did.

And I'd like to add that the Danish tax office treats me really rather well.

Which is nice.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X