• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going rate for webtulipes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going rate for webtulipes?

Don't laugh but I am going to see a bloke next week about doing a webtulipe for a local organisation.

It will probably just be two pages with some boring photos and equally dull text they will supply, a contact email form and a form for visitors to put in details of stuff they want to donate.

Any ideas what to charge?

My nephew who graduated last year charges peanuts for web sites. Max I think of £500. He did my bothers for 2/6.

www.october-systems.co.uk

Comment

Hmm...that front page is a bit hard to follow. Apart from that not too bad a site.

Mailman

Comment

Apart from that not too bad a site
        What do expect for 2/6 or 12.5 p?

90% of my brother's business is from the Web Site.

Comment

Media3i recently charged my father-in-law £200 for a two pager. There probably was only about 3 to 4 hours work.

They also get to host it so they may have made the setup cheap because they get the recuring charge.

Comment

Ta for useful pointers. £200 for dev. is around what I had in mind, but obviously (if you mean 1st year hosting was included?) I would have to sign them up to a commercial hosting service, so possibly initial charge uncompetitive against places that do both. On the plus side the bloke responsible for making the decision seems to know less about anything to do with computers than my greenhouse.

Comment

The £200 was for design and setup. It did not include the first year's hosting, the cost of which I don't remember.

Comment

Re: Webtulipe

If it's a big enough organisation and it is a memebrs club or charity type thing do it for free and include your link on the pages. I have one that should have been about £2,500 plus over the years but it has brought me way more business than that.

Otherwise don't undercharge. I would price it at about £25 - £50 per page plus hosting at around £50 per year.

Make SURE they know you are NOT including free PC support in the deal - it's amazing just how many webtulipe customers think they have free call on your time to fix their PC, their logic seems to be they can't see the website so it must be your fault, despite the fact that their PC is on fire, you may also expect some to claim that the PC caught fire BECAUSE of looking at the website.

Comment

Re: Webtulipe

It is a charity js. However, I already donate about 5 hours a fortnight to the buggers and as I seem to be almost the only one among all the managers, doleys and ex-cons who does not get paid out of the EU largesse these things now receive, not too inclined to do their webtulipe for free as well. Really don't have the time at present.

Free ad is good idea in principle on the right sort of site, but not sure it would bring any business (even assuming it does not look utterly pants) from the sort of people who will use this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X