• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Windows 7 drivers compatible with Vista?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Windows 7 drivers compatible with Vista?

and is the Windows 7 release candidate fit for home use yet?

I'm putting together a high-spec PC for home use (although I'll be hammering the bollocks off it with file downloads and maybe games, so by "home use" we're not talking about just poking around in a couple of emails and word documents), and not caring much for Vista I'd like to skip a generation and go from XP straight to Windows 7.

Anyone looked at the Windows 7 Release Candidate and have any opinions?

I know it expires next year; but by then I can buy the officially released version.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    and is the Windows 7 release candidate fit for home use yet?
    Drivers *should* be compatible between Vista and Windows 7 I believe. I've been using the RC for a couple of weeks and found it to be generally excellent - very stable and fast. The driver detection is also excellent - the installation procedure identified every device bar one on my laptop, and that one it managed to identify via Windows Update a few days later.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
    X