• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bull Market has arrived

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bull Market has arrived

the beginning of the mother of all Bull markets

or maybe just a sucker's rally.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 May 2009, 09:59.
    I'm alright Jack

I fear a lot of those rampaging bulls will get their knackers caught on rusy barbed wire
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My gut-feeling is that the deluge of corporate bad news that we have heard over the past nine months seems to be slowing up and I think that the banks and finance firms are now at the lowest point that they are going to get.

I do think that we have yet to see the worst trickle through to the wider economy though and I am not sure how consumer spending is going to hold up with unemployment increasing and people not being able to spend the increase in their house's value like they were.

Having said that, I only know one person outside the London finance world that has been made redundant and he found a new job in less than one month, so hopefully things will not get any worse.

My SIPPS overall have now recouped all the losses that were made since last October. Some areas have done better than others though.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
        My gut-feeling is that the deluge of corporate bad news that we have heard over the past nine months seems to be slowing up and I think that the banks and finance firms are now at the lowest point that they are going to get.
        Correct. Bank of America shares which have been as low as $3.4 are now bobbling around the £12 mark.

There's still a long way to go but very slowly things are picking up.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

My SIPPS and ISAs that I have been dribbling money into every month all the way down are now showing a loss of about 10% on the sums invested. Not bad really when you think I've stayed fully invested all the way through. Within the next few weeks I should be breaking even then hopefully over the next 2 to 3 years I'll make a nice profit. Short term capital fluctuation don't really bother me since I'm investing mainly for income with capital appreciation as the icing on the cake when it arrives. I think we're well placed now and I'm still dribbling in my £1000 a month from here onwards. Last months £1000 is now worth £1300 already, nice that, makes a welcome change to see.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Sounds like a load of bull to me !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Sounds like a load of bull to me !!
              Suit yourself CM. It's a free country.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I actually went all for barclays when was 30% from bottom on the way down...but continued piling on it until the u turn .If you have bought barclays 50p in january now at around 247p you will have made 5 times your money.
                I actually sold half few days ago at 285p and hoping to pile back under £2 ...
                I also fancy having a punt on the Royal bank of scotland RBS which went from 10p to 50p and has come down to 38p.
                But for those who want to play safe buy Glaxo below 1030p with over 6% yield expect a good safe return... Another one is BT at under 90p
                buy after friday after news are out.
                Last edited by Lambros; 13 May 2009, 20:30.

Comment

Well you know the phrase.

Here today, gone tomorrow
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Starting to look more like a suckers rally today after BoE negative statement.

Comment

Working...
                    X