• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alien!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien!

Urgh! Keeps him in a jar? WTF!?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-of-Alien.html

A plumber's embryonic twin spilled out of his stomach, in a scene reminiscent of the movie Alien.

By Chris Irvine
    Last Updated: 1:03AM BST 09 May 2009

Gavin Hyatt, 30, explained that the lump forced its way out after lying inside his abdomen since he was born.

Medics said the 4cm growth was a parasitic twin that died in the womb early in their mother's pregnancy.

Mr Hyatt, a former firefighter, from Witney, Oxfordshire, said: "Four hospital doctors had previously examined me and were all puzzled by the lump.

"Some thought it was a cyst, others an in-grown hair.

"Then one said it could be my undeveloped identical twin that I absorbed at a very early stage. I feel absolutely fine now but it has not sunk in yet that I could have had a twin brother. I have him in a jar at home and I call him little Gav. I haven't told many people. I feel like a bit of a freak."

Mr Hyatt, who has four children with his wife Kate, spent a week in and out of hospital after making an emergency appointment with the GP.

An operation at Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital was cancelled at the last minute and he went home. But later he felt a stabbing pain near his belly button. Lifting his shirt, he saw he was bleeding as the lump pushed through the skin. At that point he drove himself to his local surgery.

His GP Dr Joe Santos, told The Sun: "It was like something from Alien. I didn't believe Gavin when he said something was coming out of his belly button until I saw him."
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

I have him in a jar at home and I call him little Gav.
    Awww, that's sooo cute....
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
    X