• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome Back CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Back CUK

Information about the outage can be found at the hosting company's MD's twitter feed: http://twitter.com/matthewbloch

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Information about the outage can be found at the hosting company's MD's twitter feed: http://twitter.com/matthewbloch
    Wonder what the "enormous source of traffic" was!
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Wonder what the "enormous source of traffic" was!
      TPD probably

Comment

"Pete is chopping out redundant links to simplify Bytemark network and trace the nasty traffic"

think I will stick to c++.....

Comment

Outage was a conspiracy I tell ya.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            More info is now available at their support forum, for those who are interested (if there are any apart from VF and myself):
            ...we suspect that there was either some layer 2 misconfiguration, or an IOS bug, or both, that caused the outage.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              ".....enormous source of traffic....."
              ".....slowed by our backdoor access....."

Comment

As far as I can see, Nick was the only person that made it to any of the emergency shelters.

Do we need to have a CUK emergency drill?

Comment

He seems genuinely upset that he's let people down - bless
                  How long was CUK offline then?
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Conspiracy theory

TPTB are trying to trace the source of the embarrassing expenses leaks so they installed some extra software on the router, but this required a physical reset, so they triggered a 'circulating packet' flood bug.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X