• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"...£4.47 for dog food"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"...£4.47 for dog food"

Well, who'd've thunk that the Tories were also milking the expenses system

Luckily it turns out to have been a mistake and the money will be repaid (although I assume that the paperwork involved in the original claim and the repaying thereof will be more than the sum involved)

A brief note to all those who think that things will be better under the Tories: Caveat Voter.

Or, as the Sixties slogan had it: Whoever you vote for, the Government always gets in

Provided the £4.47 for dog food was part of the MP's daily food allowance, I personally don't see a problem. It's cheaper than a meal at a fancy restaurant with a bottle of plonk.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

That Hazel Blears gets me, claiming expenses on a second home, then selling it as a main residence to "avoid" CGT. Evade more like. I've a mind to report her to the Met. Police.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        That Hazel Blears gets me, claiming expenses on a second home, then selling it as a main residence to "avoid" CGT. Evade more like. I've a mind to report her to the Met. Police.

half a mind
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Or Barbara Follett, spending £25,000 of my money on a security guard for herself?

WTF? Is the Met insufficient for you, you blithering idiot? We who live in London have to put up with the Met for all its cock ups and inadequacies and if you're not prepared to have the same levels of public service as the rest of us, you can feck off.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            half a mind
            It's poor form to laugh at your own jokes.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Saw Hazel Blears on the news this morning in her Biker Leathers...

Was enough to put me off food for a year

I've a good mind to report her to the Met for that alone
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

It's poor form to laugh at your own jokes.
                Why?
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                  Saw Hazel Blears on the news this morning in her Biker Leathers...

Was enough to put me off food for a year

I've a good mind to report her to the Met for that alone
                  How can the protection services protect a MP if they insist on riding motorbikes?....
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Luton MP Margaret Moran put her name on the documents for her partner's house in Southampton, then nominated it as her "second home" and within days spent £22500 of our money on doing it up. It was "within the rules".

She is MP for Luton South, and by chance happens to live in the same street as Luton North MP Kelvin Hopkins. Over the past 5 years, Mr Hopkins claimed £8,894 in second home allowance; Luton South MP Margaret Moran claimed £87,206 in the same period.

Ed Miliband said that MPs have lost public confidence. No, Mr Miliband: we are furious, and we want blood. Yours.
                    Last edited by expat; 11 May 2009, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
                    X