• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A competent or honest business analyst...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A competent or honest business analyst...

...who just not hides his incompetence under the "big picture" excuse. Will I ever meet one before I retire?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    A competent or honest business analyst
    Is that an "either / or" choice? Would either do?

How about one wearing a badge saying "I am rubbish as my job". Would that suffice?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

How about one wearing a badge saying "I am rubbish as my job". Would that suffice?
      Either. Yes that would do...

Thanks.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

at(?)

Comment

How about one wearing a badge saying "I am rubbish as is my job". Would that suffice?
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

You are a cliche, Francko. A moaning techie with no special skills who keeps moaning that everything is someone else's fault. You couldn't cope with London and now CH is just the same, eh? Remember you can't run away from yourself and your incompetence as I warned you when you were leaving.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

^^^^ With friends like that....
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                ...who just not hides his incompetence under the "big picture" excuse. Will I ever meet one before I retire?
                Francko, what experiences have you had and what were your expectations?

Surely there are some good BA's out there or do you see ALL BA's as incompetent? Ever wondered how the BA's view you?
                I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
                  Francko, what experiences have you had and what were your expectations?

Surely there are some good BA's out there or do you see ALL BA's as incompetent? Ever wondered how the BA's view you?
                  Surely there must be. However I have never had the pleasure to meet them. I have never had any negative feedback from any business analyst (apart from a neurotic woman who had a negative opinion about the whole world and herself but I discarded this as an invalid statistical unit ).

Apart from the jokes, ok they are not more or less competent than any other role, let's give that away; however what really distinguishes them it is the ability of being constantly dishonest about their achievements, only one step below agents, really...
                  Last edited by Francko; 11 May 2009, 09:35.

Comment

I worked with a great BA once. He had, and claimed, no relevant business knowledge at the start of the project. But he was a good listener, and had common sense and neat handwriting. Actually that was 2 years ago, and the last project I worked on that came in more than a month before deadline.

Comment

Working...
                    X