• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To be fair to the Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair to the Telegraph

I am very proud that my favourite newspaper, the "Torygraph" has done itself a lot of favours by exposing the Tory MPs involved in screw*ng the expenses system. Whether the story itself warrants any credibility is neither here nor there, but the fact that it has picked on the Tory heavyweights shows a newspaper that is confident in where it stands.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

I would like to see how our friend the one eyed Tory fanatic blames this on NL.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Bollocks.

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.

I find myself agreeing with DodgyAgent. (I had considered starting a similar thread myself.)

Where's the Hang-Head-In-Shame smiley?

Edit:
    Actually, things are grim if agents and contractors can unite and identify a group as being even more dodgy than themselves!
    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 11 May 2009, 09:13. Reason: Edit: 2nd thunks
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

I find myself agreeing with DodgyAgent.

Most of you come round to agreeing with my point of view eventually
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          And paying 30% for the privelidge?

Comment

Sounds spot on

The fifth of twelve labours set for Hercules was the stupendous challenge of cleaning out, in a single day, the giant heaps of dung which had accumulated in the stables of Augeas.

The task facing those who would cleanse the stinking mountains of corruption within Britain’s political establishment is of a similar Herculean scale.

It is scarcely possible to overstate the impact of the revelations about MPs’ expenses which are now emerging in the Daily Telegraph.

It is now abundantly clear that the Parliamentary expenses system has been systematically abused for years by MPs of all the Lib-Lab-Con parties, who have knowingly, repeatedly and dishonestly cheated the taxpayer for their own narrow pecuniary advantage.

Who dares to deny that the gathering storm of public anger is amply justified? That those who have perpetrated these venal crimes have masqueraded as selfless public servants and high-handedly lectured us on our own moral conduct further compounds the offence.

This is not only a great moral betrayal; it ought to be a criminal matter too. Some of the examples cited in the Daily Telegraph surely fall within the definition of criminal deception under the Theft Acts.

A private-sector company which uncovered such deliberate abuse of its expense payments system would dismiss the employees concerned and call in the police, and this is the fate that these political fraudsters so richly deserve.

The Metropolitan police have indeed started an investigation, but, almost unbelievably, this will not examine the MPs’ fraudulent conduct, but will focus instead on an attempt to prosecute the upstanding citizen who drew these gross abuses to public attention. Never have the British police been more out of step with the sentiment of the people they purport to serve.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Bloke from the torygraph was on the radio this morning saying there are lots more revalations to come out over the next few days.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                Bloke from the torygraph was on the radio this morning saying there are lots more revalations to come out over the next few days.

Looks like the Telegrah's "investment" in finding this information will be bringing in the cash for some time to come. Where is Cybertory today?

Comment

I keep thinking of Labour ministers telling us we must be made to pay our fair share of taxes.

Back on topic - I had to laugh at Ken Clarke who keeps forgetting to claim anything. Some Business Minister he'd make!

Comment

Must be said that Tony McNulty coming out on Friday to say that he was going to ask plod to investigate the case of the papers going missing is nothing but a mendacious smokescreen.

Baron Naseby (middle name = Wolfgang, aged 73) called for Parliament to be dissolved. Excellent idea, your grace.

Comment

Working...
                    X