• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying Blackberry!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Blackberry!

Does anyone else have a load of permies with their Blackberry's vibrating every minute! It's really starting to p1ss me off, and i'm going to have to say something. Any ideas for a "polite" approach?

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    Does anyone else have a load of permies with their Blackberry's vibrating every minute! It's really starting to p1ss me off, and i'm going to have to say something. Any ideas for a "polite" approach?
    Shut the F UCK UP
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Are you sure that it's the Blackberry's which are vibrating? It could be all in your mind.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Shut the F UCK UP
        Yeah very subtle

Comment

Take the vibrating Blackberry, put it on the floor, crush it under your steel-heeled SS-sturmtrooper boot, then tell the permie "Fixed that for you" with a big smile.

That should encourage the others to manage their Blackberries in a slightly more discreet way.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

You might ask, politely, for the following:

1. Please switch your BBs off or to silent - especially if we're going to get anything done today

2. If all of them go at once, suggest that they take 30 seconds to read the message then get back to what you're talking about and start counting out loud

3. What Pogle said

Comment

Buy a mobile jammer.

Comment

Yeah very subtle
                - sorry
                But I know how annoying it can be when your working. I tend to have my ipod on low, just to block out the background noise, but not loud enough to stop other people getting my attention if they need to. Of course that's not always possible.

At my last clientco everyone had 'humorous' ring tones - it drove me nuts!

I'm not really sure if there is anything you can do about it, but good luck with that.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I had to put up with this on my last contract, I just made sarcastic comments like, (oh your wife again, my aren't you under the thumb etc etc) It has to be tongue in cheek, so they don't get you fired

Comment

Regardless of gender, call across: "I think your dildo's going off again"

Did that at a previous gig. After about two weeks of driving them mental with that, it sank in and eventually they all agreed how annoying other people's vibrating mobiles were but all had assumed nobody could hear theirs.

Permies.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X