• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's no stopping it !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no stopping it !!

Now it has hit Asia I think we will see many more deaths and a faster spread of this killer disease.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/swine-fl...ases-rise.html

Know how many people die in the UK every year of 'normal' flu?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Yes indeed, but this year it will be far more with this strain as it mutates, and winter-time will be horrendous.

Comment

From a quick google, about 12000. From what I can see, if you are averagely healthy and have access to modern healthcare then you've got nothing to fear from the swine flu. If you're very young, very old or just infirm then you'll have the same chances as if you had normal flu.

If you're about to retire, hoard your money and don't have a wife then you're very likely to succumb.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          From a quick google, about 12000. From what I can see, if you are averagely healthy and have access to modern healthcare then you've got nothing to fear from the swine flu. If you're very young, very old or just infirm then you'll have the same chances as if you had normal flu.

If you're about to retire, hoard your money and don't have a wife then you're very likely to succumb.
          Exactly.

THe 24 news cycle has been feeding the beast (Us) and we've swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Not sure

This flu has the potential to be nasty, but then again any other flu virus can mutate into a killer.

WTF should we be scared of something we cannot predict,control or prevent.

BTW less than 50 people of the 159 (Economist) died from "Swine Flu", ergo 109 people died from "normal" flu. This is a fraction of the between 250000- 500000 people globally who will die of flu in any given year.

If you dont like living with the risk of dying of flu you can vote with your feet and move planets. You will at least have the added benefit of ensuring that you will never live under a Labour government again.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. This disease will kill very many more than normal and hospitals will not cope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                People are being lulled into a false sense of security. This disease will kill very many more than normal and hospitals will not cope.
                If ever you needed proof that it's safe to walk the streets without a surgical mask (useless btw) then the alarm bell of doom being sounded by our resident whackjob always does the trick.

Comment

If ever you needed proof that it's safe to walk the streets without a surgical mask (useless btw) then the alarm bell of doom being sounded by our resident whackjob always does the trick.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I have seen figure for normal flu of 250.000 to 500.000 globally per year. Makes this "global-media-panic-flu" seem pretty harmless.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X