• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've just seen what my pimp makes form me!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just seen what my pimp makes form me!!!

close to 15% plus VAT I've given $$$ - I think he should take me out to lunch,
    Last edited by n5gooner; 21 October 2005, 10:40.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

he should at least pay for a spelling and grammar course!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
      he should at least pay for a spelling and grammar course!!

but could I earn more, with the time invested, I think not....he speaks like a spiv as well, with his greased back hair, he could be a barrow boy from the east end!
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

And a briefing on basic economics.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          And a briefing on basic economics.

I know, I know, but htey have at least 15 of us here! That is a lot of $$$$$
          SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

why don't you tell him you have a new contract on £80/hr. Trouble is it's direct and the client want you to go through an agent. You want to discuss recommending him as the agent so would like to do this over lunch...

...in some exclusive joint of course!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
              why don't you tell him you have a new contract on £80/hr. Trouble is it's direct and the client want you to go through an agent. You want to discuss recommending him as the agent so would like to do this over lunch...

...in some exclusive joint of course!!

I'll try that, just got back from the pub with him, at least he paid for a round of drinks, but he did do a runner when the food bill came!
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Got a really ungrateful contractor on my book. I cold-called my arse off for a month to find a client - Tommy Techie sends off one poxy email - I give him the contract and he's making six times as much as I do off my sale! Plus VAT too, the penny-pinching screen-monkey. Tsk. He goes home in his Porche to fashionable Highbury while I get the bus back to Bromley and cry into the nearest prostitute all night.

Comment

How did you find out how much he gets? 15% is normal i think

Comment

Originally posted by malandri
                    How did you find out how much he gets? 15% is normal i think
                    15% is not normal enough. I've seen pimps taking 40% - not from me, fortunately.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X