• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

advice reqd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice reqd

Beer and a curry with agent AND client soon.

Topics of conversation to avoid? Funnier the better - the board is a bit dull today...

Older and ...well, just older!!

how to get your posting rate on theis BB up
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
      how to get your posting rate on theis BB up
      ask what the pimps rate is.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        ask what the pimps rate is.
        That would be funny. Then ask them to explain what value they add to the client on an ongoing basis, i.e. after the contractor is placed.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

is that the best this board can come up with? Far too obvious...

Comment

Well obviously avoid any mention of cross-dressing and the like

Comment

more like it...

So I should just wear a suit on the day then?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                is that the best this board can come up with? Far too obvious...
                OK, but you're the one asking for basic social advice.

Maybe you should do a bit of flirting with them...
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Discussing management deficiencies in the team you're working in, could prove interesting.

Also describing in infinite detail how you've managed to destroy programs/networks (*delete/insert as necessary) on previous contracts through 'no fault of your own, it was a misunderstanding' might also get the conversation off to a jolly start.

I recently did something similar and us contractors (there's three here placed by the same agency) all ganged up on the agent and told them how cr*p their payment system was and how it would be nice if we could get paid the correct amount! Lots of uncomfortable looks all round!

Comment

Stuff as much food into your mouth as possible, chew with your mouth open, and then spit it back out onto the plate. Once you have done this, shove it back in, and tell your companions that humans have an inefficient method of eating; we have a lot to learn from our feathered friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X