• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to "Today's Posts"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a menu option under "Quick Links" entitled "Today's Posts". It was more useful than "New posts".

"New posts" only gives new posts since you were auto-logged out. It does not include posts between your last activity and being logged out.

"Today's Posts" had those extra few as the top entries under the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read" divider.

Now clicking on "Quick Links" just gives two more options: "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List"

This was the URL: http://forums.contractoruk.com/search.php?do=getdaily
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

I can still see it, and it appears to work - this is using Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 on Windows XP (ClientOrg machine, obviously).

Comment

Yep, I can see it too.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Harrumph.

When not logged in, it is there as a menu option (but doesn;t work nicely 'cos it doesn't know who you are).

When logged in, while I am posting this, my menu says:

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out
        The 'list of recent posts menu says:

The page showing the five fora says:

In all three cases, clicking on 'Quick Links' now changes the menu to:

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar Search New Posts Mark Forums Read Open Buddy List Log Out
        whereas previously it pulled down a sub-menu which included "Today's posts".

Firefox v3.0.10 on Windows XP.

Firefox v2.0.0.20 on Windows ME works as before, ie has a "Today's Posts" sub-menu option.

Internet Exploder v8 on the same WIndows XP box also works as before, ie has a "Today's Posts" sub-menu option.

Might it be because I have all the Firefox plug-ins disabled? Such as Java and Shockwave?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I'd never noticed that before.

It's quite handy for a catchup service.

Oh, and it works for me in FF 3.0.10/WinXP

Comment

With the Java add-in enabled, it works again and Quick Links goes back to being a sub-menu:

Quick Links
            Today's Posts
            Mark Forums Read
            Open Buddy List
            User Control Panel
            Edit Signature
            Edit Profile
            Edit Options
            Miscellaneous
            Private Messages
            Subscribed Threads
            My Profile
            Who's Online
            So the menus must take advantage of Java.
            Last edited by BrowneIssue; 12 May 2009, 06:09. Reason: Checked my facts; ShockWave was still disabled.

Comment

Working...
            X