• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My poling card just came in the post....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poling card just came in the post....

....and in the shredder it goes.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I look forward to you not commenting on the quality of government we have until the next election then.

I say that from the position of living in a constituency that has only ever elected one party (one that I have never voted for) in the 100+ years it has existed. I have always voted possible.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
      I look forward to you not commenting on the quality of government we have until the next election then.
      Local & Euro Councils

But I see your point, the idea of democracy it seems is not lost on the OP.

Comment

We've had ours for our last address (but not for our current address).

Should I sell them on eBay?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

No. But you should vote at your new address if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Local & Euro Councils

Even more reason to vote. If you don't you lose the right to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Think big - fire up the photocopier first then you can sell them in bulk. In fact if you were to ship them by the truck load to Dover, you could turn this into an identity maker kit.
              Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                Even more reason to vote. If you don't you lose the right to complain.
                Electing not to vote is exercising his democratic right to disagree with all of the candidates.

All voting forms should have a "none of the above" option.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Electing not to vote is exercising his democratic right to disagree with all of the candidates.
                  Yes but they can't distinguish between those disgusted by all options, and those too lazy to leave the house or take time out after work.
                  Spoiling your paper shows you really disagree, they must release details on % spoilt papers?

I agree though, a proper "I hate you all" box is a good idea.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It is the nature of democracy that you get professional gobtulipes, and that they lie.

If you think on it, you will realise that we may not have democracy at all if it wasn't for some ancient Greek making up a complete whopper of a story of a naval threat from some deserted island.

Many people knew it was utter nonsense and so didn't bother with the vote, so he got his way, and the fleet was there for when a real threat came along...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X