• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Tips

I've got a 33% chance of getting a job I really want, money is good, work sounds good, durarion 6 months + but due to my recent experience of Interviews I'm hoping for some tips (I've read the link on CUK) and applied this at the last interview (I felt sucessfully) but the feedback I'm persistently getting is that I wasn't the strongest candiate.

Has anyone got any tips on how I can make myself the strongest candiate? I think my problem is the questions I ask or don't ask but because its now impossible to get real feedback I can't be sure on this.

Any tips would be appreciated.

goto the Gym and do some weights..

where do you live? maybe we can suggest a decent gym in your area?

HTH
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Try using a bit of NLP.

Comment

Originally posted by GardenGirl View Post
        I've got a 33% chance of getting a job I really want, money is good, work sounds good, durarion 6 months + but due to my recent experience of Interviews I'm hoping for some tips (I've read the link on CUK) and applied this at the last interview (I felt sucessfully) but the feedback I'm persistently getting is that I wasn't the strongest candiate.

Has anyone got any tips on how I can make myself the strongest candiate? I think my problem is the questions I ask or don't ask but because its now impossible to get real feedback I can't be sure on this.

Any tips would be appreciated.
        short skirt, low cut top, amiable demeanour = BOOOOMED
        Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
        I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Try using a bit of NLP.
          Neuro Linguistic Programming

I'd say go for the Sharon Stone leg uncrossing effect (assuming your garden is kept in order of course)
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Always sit slightly forward in your chair, and try and keep you arms forward of you, not by their sides. Possible hands in lap sort of position. Then try and squeeze your arms together while leaning forward. Cross and uncross legs a lot, any motion is good, its shows you are motivated and cannot sit still.

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Interviewing is 90% about promoting yourself as a likeable person, someone that can fit into the team. The CV has told them your technical skills which they have accepted.

I am a strong believer in you have got the job in the first 2 minutes, good suit, good shoes, good tie, good handshake with eye contact and a "thanks very much for meeting with me today" with a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Interviewing is 90% about promoting yourself as a likeable person, someone that can fit into the team. The CV has told them your technical skills which they have accepted.

I am a strong believer in you have got the job in the first 2 minutes, good suit, good shoes, good tie, good handshake with eye contact and a "thanks very much for meeting with me today" with a smile.
                And if you're ginger, dye your hair.

HTH
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Apart from the tie (females just don't do ties!) I've never thanked someone for meeting me at the beginning usually do that at the end, so I'll try that next time.

If this doesn't work I may just have to try the Sharon Stone approach being suggested (although extremely dodgy when you live on the south coast!)

Comment

For fellas, the best advice is: Don't get your cock out and do "The Elephant".

Dunno much about interview techniques for girls, I'm married
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X