• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shaving, wet or dry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaving, wet or dry?

My son is getting to that age now where he'll have to start shaving more often. I'm not too sure whether to buy him a decent electric razor or let him wet shave. I'm personally a fan of wet shaving as I feel you get a closer shave and it wakes me up in the morning but a dry shave is quite convenient but you can't mix the two. Wet shaving cuts the bristles in one way whereas dry shaving in another, mixing the 2 causes those unsightly rashes. How goes it here
    Wet
    73.58%
    Dry
    20.75%
    I have yet to encounter puberty, aka, AndyW
    5.66%

The poll is expired.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Grow a zz-top beard. Or get electrolysis.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

wet, you get a smoother finish
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I've spent a lot of cash on 'cutting edge' (IGMC) electric razors and yet nothing beats a proper wet shave.

Comment

Electric shavers are tulipe. They’re not made for shaving men’s faces, but for women who can’t think of a decent Christmas present for a chap. Sod it woman, just get me a train set or a Scalectrix and stop pretending I’m an adult.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Electric shavers are tulipe. They’re not made for shaving men’s faces, but for women who can’t think of a decent Christmas present for a chap. Sod it woman, just get me a train set or a Scalectrix and stop pretending I’m an adult.

WHS !!!! Wet shave is best.

Comment

I used to do a Dry Wet shave when I was in the military. ie use a bic but with no water or foam.
              If you have a limited amount of water, it's worth the pain, cos you get more to drink

I still do it sometimes, just to see if I can

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                I've spent a lot of cash on 'cutting edge' (IGMC) electric razors and yet nothing beats a proper wet shave.
                Likewise, I paid £170 for a special Philips one but found it shaves no better than I remember my old 1991 Philishave did - money therefore wasted as I find myself wet shaving mostly and just use the leccy one at weekends if I`m in a lazy mood. The electric one just doesn`t do the neck well at all. No matter how many times I go over an area it just misses some hairs.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I used to do a Dry Wet shave when I was in the military. ie use a bic but with no water or foam.
                  If you have a limited amount of water, it's worth the pain, cos you get more to drink

I still do it sometimes, just to see if I can
                  and then put on 2 handfuls of Brut Aquatonic.. just to show your a real man

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    and then put on 2 handfuls of Brut Aquatonic.. just to show your a real man

Brut Aquatonic my @rse. real men use a handful of nettles
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X