• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

planning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planning

I have a piece of land which had a pair of houses demolished on it about 20 years ago. Its now a field. Does anybody know if I would be able to build on it now ?

Yes, your local planning authority will know.

Comment

Originally posted by robbo View Post
      I have a piece of land which had a pair of houses demolished on it about 20 years ago. Its now a field. Does anybody know if I would be able to build on it now ?
      Ask your local council not a bunch of geeks on an IT forum.

Comment

No, cut your losses and I'll give you £20 for it.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Does anybody know if I would be able to build on it now ?
          Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          If he's got a laptop and a chair I don't see why he couldn't build software on the aforementioned land.

Comment

If it's within the local development boundary then you should be ok. If it is on the edge of a villiage, or in the middle of nowhere you may have more problems.

The best solution is to give the local planning office a call, and then follow up with an email to give the grid ref / google map etc. They are happy to give informal views on the subject, and can also indicate what the general response would be to a planning application.

Always keep them on your side! Fuel their egos where possible, and show that you are a honest local, looking to build your own family home (if that is what you are doing).
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Contractor UK

Not necessarily IT.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Contractor UK
                The IT Contractor Portal

seems pretty clear cut to me
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Contractor UK

Not necessarily IT.
                  Originally posted by chef View Post
                  Contractor UK
                  The IT Contractor Portal

seems pretty clear cut to me
                  **** me, I never noticed that.

Mind you, if I didn't, maybe that'll excuse the OP too?
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

if they were still standing you could have rebuilt them as it would be called "brownfield land" not sure if they were demolished. try your local planning dept you twerp

Comment

Working...
                    X