• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acupuncture - have you tried it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acupuncture - have you tried it ?

I saw an ad for Training for a career in acupunture. I remember it being a big thing a while ago , but its sort of fallen off my radar, has anyone here ever tried it ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I had it for my back a few times : did no good whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I saw an ad for Training for a career in acupunture. I remember it being a big thing a while ago , but its sort of fallen off my radar, has anyone here ever tried it ?

placebo
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Just go to the London Apprentice and you get it done for free.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I also had it on my back a number of times.

Did no good whatsoever.

But the physiotherapist doing it (on the NHS) looked like a young Catherine Zeta Jones so as it didn't actually hurt, I kept going back
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

I had it for my ankle which I damaged many years ago in a car accident. It definitely managed to free it up a bit. I also fainted when I tried to stand up afterwards so it must have had some effect!
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It gives me the needle.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yep, when I shattered my collarbone I was on some pretty heavy painkillers; the muscles in my back had tensed up into a lump the size of a tennis ball and was absolutely killing me, but the pain killers were sending me into a vegetated state so my Dr suggested it.

I thought why not (I was a sceptical) but it worked an absolute treat.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Yep, when I shattered my collarbone I was on some pretty heavy painkillers; the muscles in my back had tensed up into a lump the size of a tennis ball and was absolutely killing me, but the pain killers were sending me into a vegetated state so my Dr suggested it.

I thought why not (I was a sceptical) but it worked an absolute treat.
                  You have no proof it worked for you unless you managed to do what many scientists do and that is proper scientific testing. You just THINK it worked. Chances are your body healed itself (the human body is well capable of doing that you know).

For another view based on a scientific approach why not try some real skeptics view of acupuncture here: http://www.ukskeptics.com/acupuncture.php

Comment

What a pr1ck.

No, but seriously, never had acupuncture, I do view it in the same category as homeopathy - I'd have to see the effects for myself to be convinced.

Comment

Working...
                    X