• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prime Minister's Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Minister's Questions

Gordon Brown just used the phrase "decent, hard working, Members of Parliament"
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Was that immediately after he said

"There are not, never have been, and never will be"?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      I used to get the rattler into London, and most mornings sit next to an MP. We never spoke but I knew who he was. I used to watch him pull out a sheet of parliament headed note paper and make notes in fountain pen. The drivel this numpty used to write. And I thought, man I could do your job.

The thing is, all the bright young hard working stars get squashed so as not to upstage the others. So at the top you get dull lazy farts.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        What's wrong with that?

"Where might we find some ... ?"

"Can you remember when we promised we would be .. ?"

"At least when we lose our seats and get replaced, the public will see there's no such thing as ..."

"What's the big deal? There's never been such a thing as ..."

"Lunchtime quiz time, chaps. Who can think up the best anagram of ..."

"What do the public want? ...?"

"Why do the public vote for politicians if what they want is ...?"

"You want an oxymoron? How about ...?"

"Just look at Cameron! Trying to pretend his lot are ..."

"Isn't it ironic that Sinn Fein now look like the only ... ?"
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I used to get the rattler into London, and most mornings sit next to an MP. We never spoke but I knew who he was. I used to watch him pull out a sheet of parliament headed note paper and make notes in fountain pen. The drivel this numpty used to write. And I thought, man I could do your job.

The thing is, all the bright young hard working stars get squashed so as not to upstage the others. So at the top you get dull lazy farts.
          Was it Gordon?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Was it Gordon?
            I was going to say 'and now he's the Prime Minister and I'm a grumpy overtaxed contractor'.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X