• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're a bunch of wusses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a bunch of wusses

Not exactly news to the female population of the country though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8047321.stm

"Women are well known to be able to respond more robustly to infections, and to recover more quickly than men."
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Not exactly news to the female population of the country though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8047321.stm

"Women are well known to be able to respond more robustly to infections, and to recover more quickly than men."
    It's nature. The cave woman needed to recover quicker to look after the men folk and children. Now FFS get back in the kitchen, white and two sugars please.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It's nature. The cave woman needed to recover quicker to look after the men folk and children. Now FFS get back in the kitchen, white and two sugars please.

Comment

I read yesterday that people that eat honey suffer colds for a period on average for two days less than those that don't. Perhaps women eat more honey than men.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          I read yesterday that people that eat honey suffer colds for a period on average for two days less than those that don't. Perhaps women eat more honey than men.
          Honey is bee spittle - I don't eat the stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            My missus swears that eating locally produced honey helps to mitigate against the effects of hay fever to some extent.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              My missus swears that eating locally produced honey helps to mitigate against the effects of hay fever to some extent.

Aha.... we have evidence !!!

Comment

Pogle,

You know you were using all those exclamation marks the other day? And you know how everyone was saying you were, well, you do that roughly every month?

Do you think you might be being a bit, you know, emotional? Or irrational?

Perhaps.

Just saying.

Runs like **** back to Light Relief
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Pogle,

You know you were using all those exclamation marks the other day? And you know how everyone was saying you were, well, you do that roughly every month?

Perhaps.

Just saying.

Duck and cover everyone!
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    Pogle,

Perhaps.

Just saying.

Hormonal

Talking of which, "LemonChiffon" indeed!

Comment

Working...
                    X