• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

22 million people are going to die soon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 million people are going to die soon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8045364.stm

A third of the world's population could be infected with swine flu, expert projections suggest.

Researchers say swine flu has "full pandemic potential", spreading readily between people and is likely to go global in the next six to nine months.

Although one in three who come in contact will likely become infected, the Imperial College London team declined to estimate the death toll.

The study based on Mexico's experience is published in the journal Science.

The number of laboratory-confirmed swine flu cases has reached 5,251 in some 30 countries around the world, with 61 having died from the disease, the World Health Organization has confirmed.
    Back of a fag packet.

Population 6.77 billion. 1/3 get the swine flu and about 99% survive (1 in a 100 dies).

That's 22 million dead.

Now tell me. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

This also is bollocks

Comment

Village Idiots out in force I see
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        This also is bollocks
        What is? The number of cases, the death toll or the fact that humans have no immunity to this new flu strain?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Village Idiots out in force I see

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Now tell me. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?
            It's not a question of luck is it? It's a question of where you live, and if you've got access to modern health care and an understanding of how the flu virus is transmitted.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

the fact that it will never get to the ridiculous panic mongering estimated figures these pointless media luvvies insist on spurting out on a regular basis

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                It's not a question of luck is it? It's a question of where you live, and if you've got access to modern health care and an understanding of how the flu virus is transmitted.
                Do you have access to modern healthcare?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Do you have access to modern healthcare?

Yes, don't you?
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Yes, don't you?
                    No, I have to rely on the National Health Service.

Comment

Working...
                    X