• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAP contract rates in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAP contract rates in Switzerland

Grüezi…!

Calling all SAP contractors in Switzerland, in particularly Zürich…. I’m considering going contracting in Switzerland in Q3.

What is the SAP market like there at the moment? What do the latest predictions say, i.e. summer will be quiet, but it will pick up in autumn etc.?

Can you also give some indication of the current rates (higher/lower than Germany, UK etc.)...

Many thanks!

PS: Please don’t tell me it’s not worth coming over, as I’m missing the fresh mountain air…!

SAPing in Switzerland

[QUOTE=Casall;840774]Grüezi…!

Calling all SAP contractors in Switzerland, in particularly Zürich…. I’m considering going contracting in Switzerland in Q3.

What is the SAP market like there at the moment? What do the latest predictions say, i.e. summer will be quiet, but it will pick up in autumn etc.?

I am FICO and I worked in Basel last year but this year I have had only had 3 enquiries. If you have CO-PC your chances are always better.
    Phone around the UK agencies with swiss offices.

Comment

Originally posted by Casall View Post

PS: Please don’t tell me it’s not worth coming over, as I’m missing the fresh mountain air…!
      I'll tell you that anyway... it's not worth coming over. The market is awful. Look elsewhere. that way you're not competing with me.

Rates continue to be higher than Germany. And are certainly higher than the uk - that's mainly due to the exchange rate.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Casall View Post
        Grüezi…!

Can you also give some indication of the current rates (higher/lower than Germany, UK etc.)...

Many thanks!

the SAP market is over. .NET is the future.

milan
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ask milanbenes ,he has bought huge potato farms with his sap contract earnings

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Rates continue to be higher than Germany. And are certainly higher than the uk - that's mainly due to the exchange rate.
            Careful of the exchange rate - the Swiss Central bank wants to drive the currency down.

I am thinking of going over and have not been too happy with the rates. Zurich is eye wateringly expensive and the last thing I want to find out is that I have lost 20% of my rate due to the currency being driven down.
            "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

sap in general throughout europe is very bad these days

the global recession has really taken its toll

projects cancelled

existing operations scaled down

out sourcing

off shoring

very very bad in the sap area

this is not the place to be at the moment and most sap contractors are looking to get into other areas

terrible

terrible

don't know why we bother

all the best and if you find a good paying area let us all know

Milan.

Comment

I don't know how you manage to drag yourself out of bed every morning mb.

Personally, I'm frantically downloading .net manuals using the client's internet connection.

Comment

me too

which part of .net shall i get into ?

c#

asp

where's the big £$£ gonna be ?

I've already got the online full MSDN certification

sorteeeed

thanks

Milan.

Comment

I'm doing R/3... sorry, ECC..., HR, BI and PI. Loadsa work for me. Boomed.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X