• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wednesdays job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesdays job of the day

I am looking for several Business Analysts to work with my large public sector client in Greater Manchester.

These are initially 3 month contracts and are paying up to £153.30 per day. Please be aware that I cannot offer any more money for this contract.

All candidates with previous experience within local government, councils or local authorities will take presidence.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Main purpose of the job:

1. To ensure the successful development of services as part of the Improvement programme in line with corporate aims, objectives and values.
    2. Integration of services with ‘new’ technological solutions may be involved and, where appropriate, redesigning service delivery processes to assist the achievement of corporate and national targets for electronic service delivery.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Main duties and responsibilities:

1. To lead senior management and the project team to consensus on the project scope to ensure a clear understanding of the areas of the business involved.
    2. To undertake and utilise robust levels of comparator research to identify best practice in both public and private sector organisations, in order to develop and redesign innovative service delivery based on efficiency, effectiveness and exceeding customer expectations.
    3. To analyse current structures and processes within services to enable any supporting business process and service design.
    4. To build relationships and work with senior departmental managers on the redesign of service delivery based on efficiency, effectiveness and exceeding customer expectations.
    4. To critically analyse the current delivery and operation of services including process mapping existing processes.
    5. To identify and work closely with relevant representatives from within the business areas to gather requirements, develop a detailed understanding of the key drivers to the service and how it contributes to the delivery of corporate objectives and values.
    6. To work with departmental service improvement project teams to ensure ‘best practice’ processes are developed in order to ensure quality service provision.
    7. Prepare a project plan detailing all activities required to deliver the redesign and integration of the service to agreed time, cost and quality standards as agreed with Service Managers, ensuring coordination with the build of new technological solutions or integration with existing systems and/or other interdependent MIP projects.
    8. To identify suitable key personnel to engage in the process mapping of current and future business processes to help to redesign the service and highlight risks and issues associated with the changes to the service delivery.
    9. To establish and maintain good working relationships and effective communication with departmental staff in relation to the service redesign.
    10. Ensure local service redesign reflects the vision, values, aims and objectives of the organisation.
    11. To participate in meetings with consultation groups and partnership bodies and project management, committee and other meetings.
    12. To prepare reports applicable to the role, including committee reports.
    13. Through personal example, positively promote the Manchester Improvement Programme.
    14. To carry out duties in accordance with their Information Security Standards and Human Resource Policies; compliance with the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and any other relevant legislation that directly affects electronic service delivery.
    15. To undertake available training and development opportunities, show a commitment to continuous development and share own knowledge and skills to support the continuous development of colleagues.
    16. Help to manage the day-to-day work of the Assistant Business Analyst.
    17. Undertake any other duties that may arise, as required, from time to time.

For this post I am looking for:
    A degree in a business related subject
    Proven experience in business analysis techniques with some exposure to PRINCE2 or similar structured project management methods.
    Proven ability to organise, facilitate and deliver requirement gathering and stakeholder engagement workshops.
    Proven ability in gathering quality requirements through analysing process maps, financial reports, relevant performance indicators and assessing the needs of service delivery staff in adopting new ways of working.
    Experience in reviewing a service’s and organisation’s requirements and the ability to identifying missing or incomplete requirements.
    Proven experience of successful redesign of service delivery and evidence of participation in service development, analysis and performance management.
    Proven ability to work effectively with staff at all levels and external suppliers.
    Proven experience of working within a large and complex organisation (private or public sector) to support change through business process redesign.
    Exposure to a variety of project environments including service delivery redesign and/or system development project.
    Proven experience in gaining consensus for proposed solutions from a variety of stakeholders in the business.
    Active listening skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective interaction with, and influencing of staff at all levels and external suppliers.
    Commitment to continuous development and capacity to seek out suitable training and development opportunities.

Personal style and behaviour:
    An enthusiastic and effective communicator, able to articulate a strong sense of commitment across groups to shared objectives.
    Through personal example, contribute to the development of an outcome-focused ‘can do’ culture across the organisation.
    Self-motivation and drive to complete tasks to required timescales and quality standards.
    Ability to maintain focus and objectivity under complex conditions.
    Quality orientation and commitment to continuous improvement.
    Personal commitment to continuous self-development and the development of your colleagues through participation in training and development activities such as skills transfer.
    The ability to develop excellent working relationships with people at all levels.
    Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and equality in employment and service delivery.
    Normal hours of work are 35 hours on a flex basis; however there may be a requirement to work outside normal core hours, evening and weekend work for which time off in lieu will be granted.

If you have the relevant skills / experience, please respond to this e-mail with a copy of your most recent CV.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Regards,

Russell Cooper
    Contracts Consultant
    Modis International Ltd

17 Barton Arcade Chambers, 51-63 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2BW
    Direct: +44 (0) 161 819 3887

Main: +44 (0) 161 819 3888
    Fax: +44 (0) 161 819 3899
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: http://www.modisintl.com
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Do you ever get tempted to write an eff off email reply?..I know I do.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

it's about £20 per hour

which is not brilliant but not bad either

works out around £40k per year - but if it was permy it would probably be £30k per year salary.

that is a wish list of requirements i guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
        Do you ever get tempted to write an eff off email reply?..I know I do.
        Sooo many times....
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          These are initially 3 month contracts and are paying up to £153.30 per day. Please be aware that I cannot offer any more money for this contract because I have 100% markup on this

Comment

Taking the proverbial

Comment

Dear Russell Cooper

I would rather live under a bridge in Grozny drinking low grade ethanol with a bunch of ex-Red Army paraplegics.

Yours Sincerely

Mich the Tester
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                These are initially 3 month contracts and are paying up to £153.30 per day. Please be aware that I cannot offer any more money for this contract...
                So he's getting £230 a day and the margin is 50%.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Really?

£153.30 per day.

Over 1 year, say 52 weeks, but there are 10 days public holiday when you probably can't work, and probably another 2 weeks around Christmas and New Year when they'll probably tell you the office is closed. 230 days/year.

Be reasonable, have 4 weeks holiday, and dream that you're on the bench only 1 month/year on average. 180 days/year.

That's £26,061 billing. Now, if you have to stay away from home for it, allow £1000 total expenses per month: £9000 per year. Leaves £17,061 for payroll, or £15,125 salary.

Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Dear Russell Cooper

I would rather live under a bridge in Grozny drinking low grade ethanol with a bunch of ex-Red Army paraplegics.

Yours Sincerely

Mich the Tester
                    Now that actually sounds like fun, where do I sign up?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X