• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Nokia N97 Symbian will open Word docs and play mpeg ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Nokia N97 Symbian will open Word docs and play mpeg ?

The new Nokia N97 is out soon and I'm wondering if it is (likely !) /possible to open Word documents / play mpeg and say open .pdf files using some downloadable tools with this sort of operating system .. or do you think it will not have this functionality ??????

thanks in advance.

Dunno about N97, but my N71 (also Symbian) came with software that allows me not only to read Word Excel etc files, but also create and edit them. So the op sys can certainly do it - but you may or may not get the relevant apps bundled.

Comment

My T-Mob MDA lets me do it and I've had it a year or so....
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Yes it does -

The feature list of the device includes Files on OVI, Nokia Maps 2.0, Nokia Music Store,
        Share on OVI, Still Image Editor, HTML Browser, Flash Lite 3.0, Video Editor, Video Player
        (with support for 3GPP formats (H.263), Flash Video, H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, RealVideo
        7,8,9/10, WMV 9), Audio Streaming, Music Player (supports AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB,
        AMR-WB, AU, AWB, eAAC+, M4A, MIDI Tones (poly 64), Mobile XMF, MP3, MP4,
        RealAudio 7,8,10, RMF, SND, SP-MIDI, True tones, WAV, WMA, WVE), support for Excel,
        PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Zip,
        and messaging capabilities that include IM, SMS, MMS+SMIL,
        OMA Multimedia Messaging Service v1.3, email (IMAP4, POP3, SMTP) and OMA E-mail

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Yes it does -

The feature list of the device includes Files on OVI, Nokia Maps 2.0, Nokia Music Store,
          Share on OVI, Still Image Editor, HTML Browser, Flash Lite 3.0, Video Editor, Video Player
          (with support for 3GPP formats (H.263), Flash Video, H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, RealVideo
          7,8,9/10, WMV 9), Audio Streaming, Music Player (supports AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB,
          AMR-WB, AU, AWB, eAAC+, M4A, MIDI Tones (poly 64), Mobile XMF, MP3, MP4,
          RealAudio 7,8,10, RMF, SND, SP-MIDI, True tones, WAV, WMA, WVE), support for Excel,
          PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Zip,
          and messaging capabilities that include IM, SMS, MMS+SMIL,
          OMA Multimedia Messaging Service v1.3, email (IMAP4, POP3, SMTP) and OMA E-mail
          I have been waiting 5 years for a phone like this to come out. Didn't fancy the iPhone, any opions on the iPhone btw ?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
            I have been waiting 5 years for a phone like this to come out. Didn't fancy the iPhone, any opions on the iPhone btw ?
            This is a wind up right?

N71 has been able to do this on symbian and out more than a year.

Comment

No I meant I've been waiting for a phone with keyboard, large display HSDPA connection speed for ages. The Word/ .pdf and mpeg play capability would be a great bonus and as mentioned above the n97 can do this also.

Comment

...and I'm still gonna get an iPhone when my contract runs out in September.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X