• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I am starting to despise my Parish Priest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I am starting to despise my Parish Priest

Seems he told one bride groom "take the cost of your wedding dress and suit. add them up. Halve that number. That is the donation I want from you."

Strikes me as very un-christian. And I have another couple of examples too......

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Seems he told one bride groom "take the cost of your wedding dress and suit. add them up. Halve that number. That is the donation I want from you."

Strikes me as very un-christian. And I have another couple of examples too......
    It is, it's also a slap on the arse for being materialistic IMO
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Thats shocking!! But unfortunatly not unusual.... My brothers "donation" to the church is about €1,000 - It's a disgrace! And thats just for the church - the priest will expect to be sitting on the top table too.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

You think that the Catholic Church is there for the benefit of anybody but the Catholic Church?

Just change to that Anglican lot - only costs a couple of hundred.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Apparently when priest first joined parish he said to someone "We need less people in this church and more donation envelopes". Then laughed.

Not sure I see the humour in that. But of course it could have been nerves : I have noticed he is very very nervous with strangers. First time I met him he was shaking!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Thats shocking!! But unfortunatly not unusual.... My brothers "donation" to the church is about €1,000 - It's a disgrace! And thats just for the church - the priest will expect to be sitting on the top table too.
            Wat?
            Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
            I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
              Wat?
              Yep - there is no question that he wouldn't be invited and of course sit on the top table. Happens all the time at home.
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Apparently our priest never accepts social invitations as does not want to seem to have favourites.

Maybe Led Zeppelin got it right with buying a stairway to heaven.....

Comment

Yep - there is no question that he wouldn't be invited and of course sit on the top table. Happens all the time at home.
                  Does he get to honour the bride by sleeping with her on her wedding night too?

Comment

Apparently our priest never accepts social invitations as does not want to seem to have favourites.

Maybe Led Zeppelin got it right with buying a stairway to heaven.....
                    Priests at home go to all the weddings.... christenings, funerals, wakes, parties etc...
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X