• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I ran over a bird this mornig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran over a bird this mornig

Just needed to tell someone.

Sorry
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Were you distracted by her short skirt and long legs?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post

Sorry
      As in feathered kind? - if so, I know how you feel I hit a pigeon on the motorway once and felt awful about it, til I saw the dent it had made

What sort of bird was it was it small like a tit or larger like a crow?
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        What sort of bird was it was it small like a tit or larger like a crow?
        I don't think it could have been shaped like a small tit, as that is not a very aerodynamic shape, no wings etc.

Comment

It wasn't the long legged type.

But I think it was a bit of a tit.

It clearly misjudged trying across the road.

Perhaps natural selection will start to favour birds that can calculate the closing speed of car.
          Originally posted by cailin maith
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Many years ago, I hit a bird whilst out driving in with my girlfriend. She was a bit upset about it because she said it's bad luck to kill a bird

She was even more upset when we got home and found the dead bird lying in state on the top of the bumper...
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post

Sorry
              What was wrong with your brakes?

Comment

Travelling up and down to London on a regular basis by train you would often see pheasants mashed into the front couplings of the trains on arrival.

You have to drive a bit more carefully areound here in the spring as well due to the new bunnies hopping about who havnt figured out what roads and cars are yet.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Indeed.

I arrived at a client in Bristol to find a dead birdie stuck in the radiator grill...

It was a bugger to get out too...
                  brand new pencil case for my daughter

Recycle - Recycle - Recycle.

Comment

I helped a bird whose bicycle was damaged yesterday; the mudguard had come loose and jammed the rear tyre as she was cycling across the town square and I was enjoying a sandwich. She was very blonde and nubile and rather pleased that a chap got up to help. It’s a much better way to win birds and influence ladies than running them over.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X